By Priscilla Rose
Star Wars Dark Legends by George Mann is a youthful telling of many untold tales from the darker side of the Star Wars galaxy. With stories of unknown Sith, Jedi, creepy creatures, and even some familiar faces, it is sure to pique the interest of those young and old.
I quite enjoyed being read scary stories as a young girl. Without having anything too intense for a young mind to handle, these tales are perfect to read around a campfire or before bed. Here is my ranking of the 7 short stories:
- “A Life Immortal.” This story has me thinking even days after my initial reading. I keep contemplating whether or not other characters did similar things as the “Protagonist” of this tale, and if they were successful.
- “The Gilded Cage.” A very unique story, unlike anything I have ever read before. I quite enjoyed learning about the Nightsisters.
- “The Dark Mirror.” A chilling tale of Jedi Sol Mogra from long ago.
- “The Predecessor.” A new tale about an old friend of ours.
- “Blood Moon.” The illustration for this story was possibly my favorite of all of them. Grant Griffin did a great job with these. “Blood Moon” reminded me a lot of other fictional tales, but with a Star Wars twist!
- “Buyer Beware.” This story was interesting, it reminded me of a place in Guardians of the Galaxy. Read it and I think you’ll see what I mean.
- “The Orphanage.” Although this was the first tale told, it is my least favorite. A great story that I think younglings will enjoy the most!
Even the cover and the texture of this hardcover book made me happy. It is a beautiful little piece of literature. George Mann and Grant Griffin did a great job in telling these stories and I hope to see more from both of them very soon!
Dark Legends will be available on July 28 wherever books are sold.